Hello, I’m Megan. I am a regenerative garden consultant, permaculture educator, yoga teacher, and philosopher. I am here to empower you with tools to affect the quality of each day of your life in a more mindful, caring, and sustainable way.
My appreciation for philosophy grew through the teachings of my late granddad. He dedicated his life to serving the community, finishing out his days as a philosophy professor and counselor at a local university. I will always remember him with a book in one hand, pipe in the other, describing life as ‘magnificent’. He was the first person I encountered in this life who inspired me to ask deep questions that require an intimate inquiry into oneself and what it means to be a human being.
While earning a Bachelor of Arts at Loyola University of New Orleans in Philosophy, I completed two 200+ hour yoga teacher trainings with the Yoga College of India and BodyMind Yoga, as well as trainings in other yoga specializations including children’s yoga and yoga practiced on water. My yoga lineage stems from Calcutta, India, calling upon the teachings of Bishnu Ghosh and Paramahansa Yogananda. Soon after graduating from university, I completed a Permaculture Design Certification with Grow Permaculture and incorporate whole systems design thinking into every aspect of my life. While I have formal qualifications, I believe our greatest growth is often cultivated in the inevitable challenges we face throughout our lives, by actually being in the world. Everything I have experienced and accomplished has led me to the creation of the Garden of Growth to share these teachings with you.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy from Loyola University of New Orleans
- Permaculture Design Certification, PDC from Grow Permaculture
- 200+ Hour Yoga Certification from the Yoga College of India
- 200+ Hour Yoga Certification from BodyMind Yoga
- Children’s Yoga Certification from Kidding Around Yoga
- Stand-Up Paddleboard, SUP Yoga Certification from Dharmi Yoga
- Yoga Water Mat Certification from Dharmi Yoga
- Registered and Insured Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance
- Coaching Certification from Lisa Goodwin of BodyMind
- Experience as a Greenhouse Botanist at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- Experience in Permaculture Design at Kalani Honua in Pahoa, Hawaii
- Experience in Permaculture Design and Education at the La Terre Institute for Community and Ecology
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- CPR/AED Certification from the American Red Cross
- Wilderness First Responder, NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute
- Currently Teaching: Permaculture Design at The Urban Farming Institute, Yoga & Meditation at Yoga Raaja